Tuesday 1 November 2011

Easy and Yummy Peanut Butter Butter Cookies

Melt in your mouth, NOT in your hands.. The famous M&Ms tagline best describe the texture of this cookies...
The original recipe said  "确定、一定以及肯定好吃".

CNY is coming and I would need to polish my skill up a bit to offer some "homemade" cookies for guest. I never like baking cookies as there's no one to finish it up and they always end up in the dustbin after sitting on the counter for a month.

Since I am known to my family for my passion for baking, I decided to at least bake one type of cookies if people were to ask whether I made any from the dozens of red-cap-container around...

While browsing a chinese blog, I came across this recipe. It sounds pretty easy and straight forward. Might as well give it a try since I am also baking some mini buns. The oven is preheated already so go ahead la...

This is a perfect substitute for the classic peanut cookies as it doesn't require much work. Even beginners can do it!

Give it a try, you will be surprise!

Peanut Butter Butter Cookies
(Adapted from: 『君之』的手工烘焙坊)

65gm Butter (I used unsalted SCS but next time I would try using salted butter)
50gm Icing Sugar (Its still a bit too sweet for my liking. Would reduce to 35gm next time.)
10gm Whole Eggs
35gm Peanut Butter (Chunky or smooth, your choice.)
100gm Low Protein Flour

1. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and icing sugar till its smooth and pale.
2. Add in whole eggs and mix well.
3. Add in peanut butter and continue beating till everything is incorporated.
4. Sieve in flour and mix well using a spatula.
5. Put cookie dough on cling film and roll it out to desire thickness.
6. Freeze in freezer for at least 1.5 hours for it to harden.
7. Cut into desire shape either using a knife, or a cookie cutter.
8. Arrange cookies on a baking tray (cookies will expand a bit so please make sure they have enough space) and bake in a preheated oven for 160c till brown.

p/s: You can refer to the original link above for ideas to shape the cookies.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an easy method to make the peanut butter cookies. I will definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete