Sunday 7 August 2011

Sugar Doughnuts

My maid has been pestering me to make some doughnuts every since she saw my KA mixer able to knead bread dough. I told her if I were to make on normal days, me and her would have to finish 20 biji of doughnuts in a day. Promised her I would make some on Sunday as on Sunday, there would be a huge crowd of children around.

This is a recipe I bookmarked long ago before I started baking breads. To save time, I knead the (A) part the night before, let rise for an hour and leave it in the fridge for about 18 hours. I don't know whether this affect my dough or not but it shouldn't as there are many recipes out there calling for overnight-dough-rising starter.

I am not careful enough when breaking my eggs and my hand slip so I only put in about 30gm of eggs. The rest of the egg I substituted with water.

The dough is also quite hard to manage because its very soft and I end up using quite a lot of flour to work the dough.

Nevertheless, this is a good doughnut recipe and its a keeper!!!




Sugar Doughnuts
(Adapted from: Nasi Lemak Lover)

Ingredients:
(A)
412gm High Protein Flour
247ml Water
10gm Instant dry yeast

B)
103gm High Protein Flour
41gm Whole Egg
62gm Sugar
10gm Salt
15gm Milk powder
62gm Butter
26gm Water

Method:
1. Knead (A) into a smooth dough and cover with cling film and let rise for about 1 hour till double its size.
2. Pour all ingredients (B) into the mixing bowl and add in the rise dough above and mix well.
3. Add in water little by little for the flour to absorb the water fully.
4. Add in butter and knead till elastic.
5. Divide dough into 50gm round balls each and set aside for about 15 minutes covered with a wet cloth.
6. Shape dough into doughnuts and then fry in hot oil till golden brown.
7. Coat with sugar immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment