Wednesday 27 July 2011

My First Bread - Egg & Butter Buns 鸡蛋奶油卷

Of course, the first thing I am going to mix with my KA mixer is bread dough. I don't know why but when I went to the baking supplies shop the other day before I bought the mixer, I grabbed a packet of bread flour, yeast and a loaf pan with over. I also bought Carol's book when I saw it in Kinokuniya 2 weeks ago.

So, with all the necessary ingredients on hand, I watched in awe the way the mixer knead my dough.


Since this is my first time baking bread, I stayed beside the oven for the whole baking process and watch my bread rise, releasing the aroma that I have waited for so long in my kitchen... 





Egg & Butter Buns 鸡蛋奶油卷
(Adapted from: 烘焙新手必備的第二本書 by Carol 自在生活 )
 ** Make 8 pcs

Ingredients:
270gm High Protein Flour / Bread Flour
30gm Low Protein Flour / Cake Flour
1/2 tsp Dried Instant Yeast
150gm Whole Eggs
30gm Castor Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
50ml Milk
30gm Butter

Method:
1. Cubed butter into tiny pieces and leave in fridge.
2. Put all the above ingredients except butter into a mixing bowl. (Reserve 30ml of the milk to be added in later.)
3. Using an electric mixer, mix everything together till a dough is form. Slowly pour in the remaining milk making sure that all the liquid are absorb before the next pour.
4. Add in butter and knead till the dough is smooth, shiny and elastic. When pull apart, dough should form a very thin, almost transparent layer.
5.  Leave dough to ferment for 60 minutes at a warm place covered with a wet cloth.
6. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces (~70gm each) and shape into round balls. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
7. Shape dough and arrange it onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Spray some water onto the shaped dough surface and leave to proof for another 60 minutes in the oven.
9. Take the dough out from the oven and brush lightly with egg and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 170c.
11. Leave bread to cool on a wire rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment