Its not as difficult as I thought and the whole process from weighing to putting it in the refrigerator to chill is only 1 hour.
But I wonder what did I do wrongly that my swiss roll turn out flat. More to the flat side I mean. Not the usual cylinder shape. Anyone can enlighten me?
|Lemon Butter Cream Roll|
Lemon Butter Cream Roll
(Adapted from: 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷 Teacher's Meng Yummy Swiss Roll)
**Make one 31cm x 21cm Cake Tin
55gm Egg Yolks (about 3 omega eggs)
20gm Castor Sugar
20gm Corn Oil
3 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Water
1 tsp Lemon Zest
45gm Cake Flour
100gm Egg Whites
50gm Castor Sugar
For the lemon butter cream:
40gm Icing Sugar
20gm Lemon Juice
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1. Prepare a cake tin by lining a pcs of baking paper on it.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar using a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
3. Add in oil, water, lemon juice and zest and mix well.
4. Sieve in flour, stir well using a hand whisk. Set aside.
5. Beat egg whites using an electrix mixer under low speed till whites turn foamy.
6. Add in sugar gradually and beat under high speed till slightly stiff peaks.
7. Beat whites under low speed for one minute to get a smooth and fine egg white.
8. Fold in the 1/3 of whites into the yolks mixture. Mix well with a hand whisk.
9. Pour the mixture into the remaining whites and fold well using a rubber spatula.
10. When the cake batter is well mix, pour into the cake tin and smooth it out to make sure the cake is even.
11. Bake for 15 minutes at 170c in a preheated oven.
12. Cake is done when the surface turn brown and springs back when press lightly with finger.
13. Remove cake from oven and unmould it. Turn down the side of the baking paper and let cake cool. Meanwhile, prepare the butter cream mixture.
For the lemon butter cream,
1. Using room temperature butter, sieve in icing sugar and mix well with a rubber spatula first before beating under high speed till fluffy and creamy.
2. Put lemon juice, water and zest in a same bowl and pour in slowly while beatng under high speed.
3. When everything is well mix, the cream is done.
4. Turn the cake brown surface side down, then spread the butter cream evenly with a metal spatula.
5. Roll the cake up lightly and wrap the roll tightly with cling wrap.
6. Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.