Wednesday 23 November 2011

10 Minutes Rice Flour Butter Cake


I came across this recipe at 2.30am midnight this morning. Hands so itchy and keep on calculating the time it will take me to finish this cake. 3.30am, I think. Wanted to start on it immediately but I was afraid hubby will wakes up and find me missing from the bedroom again. Sure show me black face... Sigh... In the end, I did this first thing in the morning when I walk into my kitchen. BEFORE my breakfast and coffee. I finished weighing, mixing and putting it into the oven in 10 minutes. 

Initially, I was a bit afraid that gluten will form if I beat the plain flour for 3 minutes. But I was wrong.. I timed the mixing using a timer and scrape the mixing bowl every 1 minute.

The texture is very fine. Almost like a normal butter pound cake using the creaming of butter and sugar method. The cake did not rise much and suprisingly, its quite yummy. Will surely do this again if I am craving for a nice slice of butter cake to go with my Chatime. 



Rice Flour Butter Cake
**Makes a 7 inch square tin

120gm Plain Flour ( 中筋面粉)
40gm Rice Flour (粘米粉)
1 tsp Baking Powder
120gm Unsalted Butter (Room temperature, cut into small cubes)
2 Whole eggs 
90gm Castor Sugar
40gm Milk

Method: 
1. Combine and sieve plain flour, rice flour and baking powder together. 
2. Add everything into the mixing bowl and mix under low speed till wet and dry ingredients incorporated. 
3. Mix under medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl every one minute. 
4. Pour batter into a 7 inch square tin and smooth out the top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170c for about 30 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. 
6. Turn off the oven and leave the cake to gradually cool for 10 minutes then take it out to cool completely. 



1 comment: