I injured my right shoulder 2 weeks ago and was ordered to rest and not move my arm too much. Even basic walking and shopping for groceries would make me tear because of the pain. Yes, its that bad.
I can't help it and went for a basket weave cake piping class and further worsen the situation. I can't even drive properly home after that class. Started on oral medication and its not improving. Then I tried a medicated anti-inflammatory patch and thank god, the pain subside. Its still there but I feel its getting better.
I used Starbucks VIA ready brew coffee these cupcakes and its so fragrant. It really smell and taste like an authentic tiramisu. For those who are curious, VIA ready brew is a new product from Starbucks and its instant coffee! Just tear open the small packet, pour it out, add hot water and there.. instant Starbucks Italian Roast brew coffee. Convenience comes with a price though. Its a bit pricey for the heavy coffee drinkers like hubby. 12 sachets of VIA cost about RM 28. Even after employee discount, its still expensive la..
Do try this recipe out. Its convenient when you are craving for a pick-me-up..
(Adapted with minor changes from: Dailydelicious)
**Makes about 10 cupcakes
2 Egg yolks
50gm Castor Sugar
1 Sachet Starbucks VIA Italian Roast
60ml Hot Water
2 Tbsp Kahlua
100gm Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Egg whites
80gm Castor Sugar
1. Sieve Cake flour, baking powder and salt together. Dissolve Starbucks VIA coffee powder into 60ml of hot water.
2. Using a hand whisk, whisk egg yolks and sugar together till sugar dissolve. Whisk in 60ml of the instant coffee and 2 tbsp of kahlua.
3. Add in the sifted cake flour and fold gently incorporated.
4. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites on low speed till foamy then add in castor sugar gradually. Switch to high speed till soft peaks form.
5. Fold the whites into the yolks mixture in 3 parts.
6. Scoop the cake batter into lined muffin pans till 2/3 full.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 160c for about 15 minutes.
8. Cool completely before icing.
For the Mascarpone Cheese Icing,
250gm Mascarpone Cheese
2 Tbsp Castor Sugar
1 Tbsp Kahlua
Cream the mascarpone cheese with castor sugar till smooth then add in the kahlua and mix well. If icing is too runny, chill in the refrigerator before use.