Saturday 16 April 2011

Baking Frenzy

I am in a baking frenzy. I bake and bake till i have 3 types of cakes ready to be eaten. I wake up everyday thinking what to bake and sleep everyday thinking what to bake.

I have only gotten my oven 2 weeks ago and below is a list of what i baked:

1. Mum's Butter Cake (x2)
2. Green Tea Chiffon Cake (x2)
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Coffee Chiffon Cake (x2)
5. 简易蜂密小蛋糕 aka Easy Honey Cupcakes
6. 焦糖脆皮小蛋糕 aka Brown Sugar Crisp Top Cupcakes
7. Pandan Chiffon Cake
8. Premix Japanese Light Cheesecake
9. Oreo Cheesecake (Which is still sitting in my fridge when i typed this)

Of all the above, the worst is the Premix Japanese Light Cheesecake. I bought it from House of Ingredients, Bandar Sri Damansara. Its where i usually get my baking supplies. I only need to add 2 eggs and 150ml  of water. The recipe asked me to baked it in a 9" cake pan. I baked in a 7" one and result in a cake that is 1.5cm tall. Its a bit sourish, powdery in the mouth... Not nice at all.

The best would be the butter cake and coffee chiffon cake.

I also bought numerous baking utensils like square and round cake tin, big square baking tin for waterbath, 2 mixing bowls, and a digital weighing scale. Before that, i bought a traditional analog baking scale but found out that i couldn't measure the ingredients properly.

oh and did i mention i bought over 50 eggs in 2 weeks? LOL.... sure kena high cholesterol.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment