I loves my Raisin bread, Raisin Loaf, Raisin cake...No matter which bakery I go, I will always pick up their Raisin Loaf and not other bread/buns.
The raisin loaf from The Loaf Bakery is always my favourite although its a bit on the expensive side. Its RM 10 per loaf.
Since I have some raisins soaked in rum in my fridge, might as well I add in some into my Milk Loaf.
Funny this recipe doesn't require any starter at all but it yields such a soft loaf. Even the crust is soft. Just like those bought from bakery. After 24 hours under room temperature, sliced and kept in an airtight container, it still taste fresh from the oven.
Milky Raisin Loaf
(Adapted from: 烘焙新手必備的第二本書 by Carol 自在生活)
**Make a 500gm Loaf Pan
426gm Bread Flour
67gm Whole Egg
1 tsp Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Soak raisins in rum or hot water for at least 30 minutes before use. Squeeze the raisins dry before putting into the mixer.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in everything from (A) except for the butter. Reserve 30gm of the milk to be added in later.
3. Mix under low speed till a dough is form. Add in milk slowly. Wait till all the liquid is absorb before adding in more milk.
4. Add in butter and knead till the dough is smooth, shiny and elastic. When pull apart, dough should form a very thin, almost transparent layer.
5. Add in raisins and knead under low speed till raisins are well mix.
6. Leave dough to rise for 60 minutes at a warm place covered with a wet cloth till double its size.
7. Take out the dough from the bowl and put in on a floured working surface. Punch the dough to get rid of the air trapped inside.
8. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part into a smooth round ball. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
9. Shape the dough like a swiss roll and leave to rest for another 10 minutes.
10. Repeat by shaping each dough like a swiss roll and put it in the bread pan.
11. Cover the bread pan and let the dough to proof in the oven for about 1 hour.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 210°c for 40 minutes.
13. Unmould immediately when done and let cool completely before slicing.