Monday 22 August 2011

Homemade Blueberries Jam

Look a bit sourish isn't it?
I went to pasar malam last week and saw some fresh blueberries from the fruits stall. Its only RM 10 for a pack and without further thoughts, I bought a pack. When I reach home, I started thinking what do I do with the blueberries? Its not very nice to eat just the way it is and I started googling for some blueberries recipe.

The blueberries are quite big size compare to the usual ones.
It was then I saw some method of making our own blueberries cheesecake topping or blueberries jam etc etc.

I have a Japanese Cotton Cheesecake in my fridge which I will bring to my friend's house warming party. So I decided, I would make some blueberries jam to go with the cake!
 
Blueberries Jam
2 cups of fresh Blueberries
3 Tbsp Castor Sugar
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Lemon Rind
1 + 1/2 Tbsp Corn Flour
2 Tbsp Butter

1. Wash and drain blueberries and discard any fruit that is soft or spoil.
2. In a small pot, put all the ingredients in except for the butter and cook under low heat.



3. Blueberries juice will start oozing out and the colour will turn deep purple after about 5-6 minutes of cooking.



4. Transfer it into a clean container and stir in melted butter.



5. Leave to cool, cover and chill in the refridgerator before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment