I will be submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested and Tasted.
Chocolate Banana Muffin
(Adapted from: Teacher Meng's 100 Cupcakes 孟老师的一百道小蛋糕)
**Make 5 5cm x 2.5cm muffins
70gm Mashed Bananas
30gm Condensed Milk
40gm Icing Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
90gm Cake Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
10gm Cocoa Powder
1. Mix condensed milk and mashed banana in a bowl.
2. Using a rubber spatula, mix butter and icing sugar together so that it won't be a messy affair when beating them with an electric mixer.
3.. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter and add in egg yolk and beat under high speed.
4. Put in the banana and condensed milk mix and beat under high speed till well mix.
5. Sieve in cake flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and mix well using a rubber spatula till mixture becomes cake batter.
6. Scoop the mixture into muffin cups.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 160c for 20 to 25 minutes or until cook.