I was assigned the task to bake a cake for last Saturday's celebration. We were celebrating mother's day and a couple of birthdays.
I never tried frosting a cake and didn't wanna risk it and so i need to bake something that doesn't require frosting yet its presentable enough. I also afraid that one cake is not going to be enough for so many people so i bake FOUR! Yes... FOUR types of cakes.
Among them was my Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake, Coffee Chiffon Cake, Pandan Chiffon Cake and 15 premix chocolate muffins.
Everything was polished off within seconds! :)
Pandan Chiffon Cake
(Adapted from: Coffee Chiffon Cake)
**Make a 18cm chiffon mould
4 Egg Yolks
40gm Castor Sugar
40gm Pandan Juice
40gm Cooking Oil
80gm Self Raising Flour
4 Egg Whites
80gm Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1. Using a hand whisk, whisk egg yolks and castor sugar till sugar dissolve. Add in oil and pandan juice. whisk well.
2. Sieve self raising flour into egg yolk mixture and mix well.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites till foamy and add in cream of tartar and 1/3 castor sugar.
4. Add in the remaining sugar slowly and beat till stiff peaks.
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture using a rubber spatula.
6. Pour the mixture into the remaining egg whites and fold with light strokes till no streaks of white can be seen.
7. Pour the cake batter into a chiffon cake tin and bang the tin on the counter several times to get rid of the air bubbles.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for 30 minutes. When cake is ready, take it out from the oven and invert immediately till cake is completely cool.
For my pandan juice, I use 10 pcs of pandan leaves and blend with a 1-2 tbsp of water. Sieve the mixture and use a spoon squeeze out any remaining juice. Add more water to make it to desire amount.