Tuesday 10 May 2011

Spongy Banana Cake

Bought a big bunch of bananas on my trip to jusco. Some is for my helper who loves banana so much and some is for baby. The remaining? Attempt to bake a banana cake of course!

There are always so many recipes that I found when browsing the blogs I love to read. I think I found about 10 banana cakes recipe so I choose one that uses the most bananas.

Funny things, maybe I did not mix the flour in correctly or maybe I did not beat the eggs and bananas to really stiff peaks, my cake did not turn out spongy. It turn out crumbly instead.

Nevertheless, it's a very nice recipe.

I also use some paper moulds from daiso to bake this cake but oh boy, my cake burned! Maybe next time I should put the moulds on the baking pan instead of the wired one.


Spongy Banana Cake
(Adapted from: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
**Make 2 7.5" x  3.5" loaf pan

Ingredients:
3 Whole Eggs
230gm Ripe Bananas (Original recipe calls for only 200gm)
130gm Castor Sugar
150gm Cake Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
100gm Corn Oil

Method:
1. Cut the bananas into tiny pieces and using an electric mixer, beat bananas, sugar and whole eggs Under high speed until stiff. Mixture will double the amount at this stage.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda twice and fold into banana mixture.
3. Lastly, add in corn oil and mix well till batter is shiny and flowing.
4. Pour batter into cake tin lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for 30 minutes or tested clean with skewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment