Found a packet of meat floss when I was organizing my food stuff in the kitchen. I would go through all my stuff and throw away anything that are expired or doesn't look nice to me.
Since I reckon meat floss should have a longer life span because its suppose to be dried and dehydrated so i didn't throw it away.
Going through my one and only recipe book, i found this recipe and remembered i did bought a little tub of SP emulsifier.
Actually i think this recipe is better if it is done in a cupcake style so the meat floss won't get messy when you are cutting the cake. I also think that i should use the mixer and beat the batter a little bit before i pour the batter in for the second time because i found a thin line of wet batter in the top layer.
Meat Floss Sponge Cake 肉松海棉蛋糕
(Adapted from: Teacher Meng's 100 Cupcakes 孟老师的一百道小蛋糕)
**Make a 7" Aluminium square tin
25gm Corn Oil
100gm Cake Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
200gm Whole Egg
100gm Castor Sugar (Reduce from 120gm)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp SP Emulsifier
45gm Meat Floss
1. Grease a 7" aluminium square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
2. Put the milk and corn oil into the same container.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat whole eggs and sugar together till even.
4. Add in SP emulsifer and sieve in cake flour and baking powder and beat under high speed till mixture become pale.
5. Pour in the oil and milk mixture slowly and beat till the mixture are smooth and flowing.
6. Pour half of the cake batter into the baking tin and even out the top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for about 12 to 15 minutes or till batter set. There is no need for the batter to be cook at this point.
8. Take out the baking tin and spread the meat floss on top evenly.
9. Put it bake into the oven and bake at 150c for about 20 to 25 minutes till cook.