Went to HOI.. Hands itchy so bought a pack of 100gm black sesame powder. The staff said it's their best seller recently. Without an idea of what to do with it, I google search and found this black sesame chiffon recipe.
The black sesame taste is mild and u need to slowly chew to release it's flavor. But I love this recipe as the whites are very easy to fold in and my chiffon did not crack very badly.
Black Sesame Chiffon
(Adapted from: Lucky Inn 幸福小站）
4 Egg Yolks
20gm Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
50gm Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
50gm Black Sesame Powder
40gm Corn Oil
4 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1. Using a hand whisk, mix the egg yolks, salt, castor sugar and milk together till even.
2. Sieve in cake flour, baking powder and black sesame powder and mix well.
3. Add in corn oil and stir all ingredients till well incorporated.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites till foamy and add in cream of tartar and 1/3 of the sugar.
5. Continue beating and add in the remaining sugar gradually. After all sugar had been added, beat under high speed till stiff peaks.
6. Fold in 1/3 of the whites with the yolks mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into the remaining egg whites mixture and fold in light strokes till no streaks of whites can be seen.
8. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bang the tin on the counter several times to et rid of large air bubbles.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for 30 minutes or till cake is done.
10. Invert the cake tin when cake is done and let cake to cool down completely before serving.