Tuesday 24 May 2011

Aspiring bakers #7: Cocoa Coffee Chiffon Cake

 I will be submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested and Tasted.

The name of my bake are a mouthful isn't it? Bump into this recipe and immediately bookmarked it.

When i bake, my ipad acts as my recipe book. I would open up the recipe i want on my safari and put it into a standing position. Every day, i would browse through all the baking and cooking blogs in my bookmarked folders. Recipe that i am interested in will be save in another bookmark folder titled "recipes". When i am in a baking mode, i would open up my recipes folder and browse for something i like.

I will be typing the recipe on my blogpress app when I am waiting for the cake to be baked in the oven.

Starbucks 2010 Christmas Mug



Don't know what happen when I invert the cake, maybe I was too rough.. or maybe the cake is sooooooooo soft that it sort of unmould on its own and resulted in a big big hole at the bottom. Sigh...
Never happened to me before.

See the big "hole" there?


Cocoa Coffee Chiffon Cake
(Adapted from: '爱'生活 My Life)
** make a 18cm chiffon tin

Ingredients:
4 Egg Yolks
20gm Castor Sugar
60gm Corn Oil
80gm Warm Milk
20gm Cocoa Powder
4 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
130gm Baking Chocolate
60gm Self Raising Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
5 Egg Whites
50gm Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar

Method:
1. Melt baking chocolate in a double boiler and set aside.
2. Add the coffee powder and cocoa powder to the warm milk and stir till everything dissolve.
3. Using a hand whisk, whisk egg yolks and sugar together then add in oil, melted chocolate and cocoa coffee milk and whisk till well incorporated.
4. Sieve in flour and baking soda and mix well.
5. Using an eletric mixer, beat egg whites till foamy then add in cream of tartar and 1/3 of the sugar.
6. Gradually add in the rest of the sugar and best till stiff peaks.
7. Pour the batter into a chiffon cake tin and bang it on the counter several times to get rid of the air bubbles.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for 35 to 40 minutes or till cake is done.
9. Remove from oven and invert the cake tin immediately. Wait till cake is completely cool before unmoulding.

1 comment:

  1. It happened to me too sometimes :( Not too worry, most important the end result! Cocoa Coffee, it must be good in flavour & taste :)

    ReplyDelete