I halved the ingredients and change some of the method to make things easier. LOL... I also afraid that we cannot finish the muffin and it have to end up in the dustbin.
The outcome are great! Although i may be too greedy and added in too much cocoa powder as hubby said he can't really taste the banana in the cake part.
Chocolate Banana Muffins
(Source: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
Make 6 pcs 6cm x 3cm muffin cups
50gm Castor Sugar
75gm Cake Flour
1 Whole eggs
1/4 Tsp Baking powder
1/8 Tsp Baking soda
3 Tsp Cocoa Powder
80gm Mashed Banana
1/4 Cup chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg and mix well.
3. Sieve in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder and beat till even.
4. Add in milk and fold through.
5. Fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the batter into paper cups till about 80% full and insert a small piece of banana into the centre of the cup.
7. Bake at 160c in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. (I baked mine 5 min longer as i realises my muffins are always wet in the middle)
|I still haven't get the right technique to fill the paper cups till ngam ngam|
|See the hidden gem inside the muffin?|