I tried this swiss roll before but forgotten the taste so I decided to try rolling it again today.
Tastewise, its not bad with some aroma of honey.. and some tartness from the yogurt buttercream.
I will be submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food.
Honey Yogurt Swiss Roll 蜂蜜优格蛋糕卷
(Adapted from: 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
**Make a 21cm x 31cm cake pan
For the cake,
56gm Egg Yolks
20gm Castor Sugar
20gm Corn Oil
50gm Cake Flour
100gm Egg Whites
30gm Castor Sugar
1. Combine corn oil and honey in a same bowl and stir over a double boiler till mixture is smooth and flowing.
2. Using a hand whisk, beat egg yolks and sugar together till sugar dissolved.
3. Pour in the honey and oil bit by bit while whisking.
4. Sieve in flour and combine well.
5. In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites till foamy then add in 1/3 of the castor sugar. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and beat till egg whites reach soft peaks.
6. Pour batter into a lined cake pan and smooth out the surface evenly.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170c for 12 minutes.
8. When cake is done, remove the cake from the pan and let cool on a wire rack. Remove parchment paper lining the sides to let go more heat.
For the Yogurt Buttercream,
40gm Butter at room temperature
10gm Icing Sugar
50gm Yogurt (Flavoured or plain are fine)
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy. Gradually add in the milk and continue beating under high speed.
2. Add in yogurt spoon by spoon making sure that there are no traces of yogurt before adding in another spoon.
3. Buttercream is ready when its smooth and creamy.
1. Peel of the remaining parchment paper on the cake. The cake should be completely cool by now.
2. Spread yogurt buttercream on the cake evenly.
3. ROoooLL the cake and wrap tightly with a cling wrap.
4. Chill for at least 30 minutes in the chiller before serving.