|Look at the lychees bits in there!|
Feel free to substitute the lychees with any other fresh fruits.
I will be submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food.
Lychee Swiss Roll 荔枝蛋糕卷
(Adapted from: 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
** 31cm x 21cm cake pan
60gm Egg Yolks
20gm Castor Sugar
30gm Corn Oil
60gm Cake Flour
120gm Egg Whites
Lychees (cut into small pieces and as flat as possible)
90gm Whipping Cream
For the cake,
1. Beat egg yolks with sugar using a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
2. Add in oil and milk and beat till well mix.
3. Sieve in flour and set aside.
4. Usng an electric mixer, beat egg whites till foamy then add in sugar in 3 parts.
5. Beat till soft peaks.
6. Fold the whites into tew yolks mixture gently in 3 parts.
7. Pour the batter into a lined cake pan and bake for 15 minutes at 170c.
8. Remove from oven when done and turn out the cake onto a cooling rack.
9. Leave cake to cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
For the cream.
1. Freeze the mixing bowl for about 5-10 minutes before u start whipping.
2. Put whipping cream into the frozen mixing bowl and start whisking using an electric mixer. Gradually increase the speed and beat till mixture turns thick.
3. Add in all the sugar at one time and beat till the creaam is light and fluffy.
Start assembling the swiss roll by turning the skin side down of the cake. Spread the cream evenly and then arrange the lychees on the cream. Next, u can ROoOoOoLLL!!
Wrap the swiss roll and put in the chiller for it to set.