|Cooling on the rack...|
If you want the contact, leave a comment and I will let you know where to get them.
Since I am going to bake this for the first time, today is my first trial. Oh Boy.. The cake taste really soft!!!
|I inserted a fine chopstick in the middle to make pumping easier.|
|Also acts as Hubby's birthday cake...|
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes
(Adapted from: 周老师的美食教室）
**make about 8 square cupcakes
3 Egg Yolks
1/8 tsp Salt
20gm Corn Oil
50gm Self Raising Flour
3 Egg Whites
50gm Castor Sugar
1. Using a hand whisk, whisk egg yolks with salt till salt dissolved.
2. Add in oil and milk.
3. Sieve in flour and mix till a smooth consistency.
4. In a clean large bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy then add in castor sugar in 3 parts.
5. Whisked till soft peaks under lowest speed.
6. Fold the whites into the yolks mixture gently in 3 parts.
7. Scoop the batter into square cups. Each cup about 35gm of cake batter.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 160c for 15 minutes.
9. When cupcakes is done, remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
For the Fillings:
60gm Fresh Whipped Cream
12gm Custard Powder
1. Combine custard powder and milk then add into the whipped cream.
2. Mix well and pump into the centre of the Chiffon Cupcakes.
3. Chill the cupcakes in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving to get the best texture.