Hubby loves meat floss hence the inspiration to make this roll. Funnily when I first slice the roll up after an hour in the fridge, the mayo taste very sourish. But after 24hours, it taste sweet.
|Did u see the mayo oooooooo-zing out?|
This swiss roll is perfect when you crave for something sweet, but not too sweet. It has a bit of saltiness from the meat floss and a bit of sweetness from the cake.
I will be submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food.
Meat Floss Swiss Roll 肉松蛋糕卷
(Adapted from: 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
**Make a 21cm x 31cm Cake Pan
60gm Egg Yolks
20gm Castor Sugar
30gm Corn Oil
60gm Cake Flour
120gm Egg Whites
250gm Meat Floss
For the cake,
1. Beat egg yolks with sugar using a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
2. Add in oil and milk and beat till well mix.
3. Sieve in flour and set aside.
4. Usng an electric mixer, beat egg whites till foamy then add in sugar in 3 parts.
5. Beat till soft peaks.
6. Fold the whites into tew yolks mixture gently in 3 parts.
7. Pour the batter into a lined cake pan and bake for 15 minutes at 170c.
8. Remove from oven when done and turn out the cake onto a cooling rack.
9. Leave cake to cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
For the fillings,
1. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the cake with skin side down.
2. Arrange meat floss on the mayonnaise.
3. Roll up the swiss roll and wrap tightly with cling firm.
4. Chill in fridge till set.